‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’ is a series of events organized by the government of India to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Independence. The mahotsav will be celebrated as a peoples’ movement across the country.
Here is all you need to know about ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’:
* A national implementation committee headed by the Union home minister was constituted to chalk out policies and planning of events to be undertaken for the commemoration.
* The curtain raiser activities begin March 12, a total of 75 weeks before August 15, 2022.
#ThisDayThatYear in 1930, Mahatma Gandhi sets out on foot, accompanied by many followers, to break the repressive s… https://t.co/RQ8zigxcqz
— PIB in Maharashtra 🇮🇳 (@PIBMumbai) 1615525500000
* The event witnessed the inauguration of curtain raiser activities planned under the [email protected] theme such as a film, website, song, ‘Aatmanirbhar Charkha’ and ‘Aatmanirbhar Incubator’.
* A cultural programme was also organized on March 12 celebrating the indomitable spirit of the country.
Azadi ka #AmritMahotsavOn 12th March, 1930, Gandhi ji began the 390 kilometres March from Sabarmati to Dandi, wit… https://t.co/si4VLhZunZ
— MIB India 🇮🇳 #StayHome #StaySafe (@MIB_India) 1615519942000
* The ‘padyatra’ was flagged off by the Prime Minister and will be undertaken by 81 marchers from Sabarmati Ashram to Dandi in Navsari, a journey of 241 miles that will end on April 5, lasting for 25 days.
* Union minister Prahlad Singh Patel lead the first 75km-leg of the padyatra. Governor Acharya Devvrat, Union MoS Prahlad Singh Patel and Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani also attended the celebrations on the occasion.
(With inputs from agencies)